Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Telling People.

It was weird I felt strangely reluctant to tell Caleb that I was getting married. It was a goodbye party for him and Mara, because now back for 10 hours from their honeymoon they are driving to Vancouver to start a new life. Caleb got into Law school at UBC so that was that and off they go. Graduated, married, accepted and across the country he goes. Anyway... I was strangley relucant to tell him. I think it was 'cause he was surrounded by people but I knew it was my only chance 'cause I knew I had to do it in person. It's oddly embarrasing or something. Me and Sarah sat there periodically looking at each other with strange looks of "now?" and "Whadayathink?" and "I don't know" and "This is weird."

Anyway it's weird. I kind feel like it's none of their business. With every person I tell it changes our relationship at bit. I'm not sure how. Every reaction has an impact. Each one is slightly different, I'm very sensitive to each one and each one stays with me. They are all quite earnest and honest and different and complex. It's a little overwhelming and anti-climatic at the same time. Each time it's not what I expect. Anyway... that's my rant on the subject for now.


Today's Song of the Day is "Shake Your Rump" by the Beastie Boys off their 1989 album "Paul's Boutique"

Crazy Fact: This album was made right after their messy, litigious departure from Def Jam and their flight from their beloved New York to Los Angeles.

njoy

No comments: