Friday, August 19, 2005

Waiting at the alter.

The music kicks in and in a few moments Wesam, the best man, and the groomsman. trot down the alise and wait. I joke with Sarah and James and point out the window,

"Hey there's sonia running in the woods."

We laugh. And wait.

I try to rearranged the batteries on my camera to squeeze off a few more shots. And wait.

I look around at all the people I don't know make little waves at those I do. And wait.

I try to pinch Sarah's bum and giggle and kiss (Grossest couple at the wedding award) And wait.

I have to pee. I say I have to pee to anyone within range. And Wait.

I look for Sonia, back and up. I look at Wesam, forward and up. I look to the left and to the right. And wait.

I bounce my knee, drop the camera, avoid harsh stares, submit and give the camera to Sarah. and wait.

Then I think, If I was Wesam I'd be ready to kill. If Sarah Left me standing there for more than 3 minutes I'd turn around and start yelling,

"I'm DYYYING up here!"
"You're killing me!"
"Your ALWAYS LATE!"
"hello?"
"baby?"
"ok everybody, it's a do over. I gotta pee."

And wait.

It's been about 5 or 6 songs and at least 20 minutes. I start to think my little joke is going to be in really bad taste if she broke her leg climbing out the window or something. And Wait.

Of course Just when your sure she's died up there she starts coming down.

And then the real waiting begins. Weddings are so damn slow.


Today's Song of the Day is "Overture to "Marriage Of Figaro" Performed by Concerto Köln conducted by René Jacobs from the Opera "Le Nozze di Figaro" written in 1786 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, here recorded in 2004.

Crazy Fact: He supposedly did have an Awful high-pitched laugh.

njoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back.