Friday, August 12, 2005

Goodtimes on the Old Homestead.

A sample of things I've heard across the street.


"I don't want to see you in my back yard, you fuckin' liar. You fucking pig."
"Yaaarraaargh!"
"WOOooo HOOooo"
"FuuuUUUUAAACK!"
"get your fucking kids...blatherBlah BLAH!"
"Jeesus Mary'n Joseph!..."


I think there is about 15 or twenty of them eternally drunk peeking around 9 PM. They are all passed out by sunset. It's like living near a nest of Orcs. I think they play Horseshoes all day and drink, and yell at each other all day and drink, and smoke Export 'A' Green Filterless all day and drink.

A couple of days ago I saw what I assume to be the lord and lady of the manner. They are 60ish and groping each other on the stoop. It was kind of cute even though they were sa-MASHED. They stopped briefly and gave a quirky half mast sort of smile as I past, with some odd gesture of mutual Acknowledgment.

But last night the WHOLE tribe must of been there they were all singing... Singing really isn't the right word it was more like yelling in unison. There was also alot of misshapen verbal interpretation of guitar solos and other strange poorly timed sound effects. It was a sloppy vague cacophony, where every song sounded vaguely like "Sweet Home Carolina" or "Sweet Child o' Mine" or "Sweet Caroline" or maybe "the Rose." I kept turning down my music and trying to pick out what song there were singing. It kinda sounded like the same song everytime, sliding from side to side, in and out of tune, badly timed and gnarled in booze.

It was sort of awful. Sort of endearing. If it were a glass I would have seen it as half-empty of endearing, half-full of awful. But, I have a soft spot for the drunks of the world though, another might not have seen it the same.


Today's Song of the Day is "Killing Me Softly" by The Fugees off their 1996 Breaktrhough Album "The Score."

Crazy Fact: Lauryn Hill and Prakazrel Michel ("Pras") attended the same New Jersey High School.

njoy

No comments: