Thursday, September 01, 2005

Telling the Folks

I'm not sure what I'm more worried about her parents or mine. I think they are totally different kinds of ill-at-ease. I think they are all going to accept us, and be happy about it, but still. I guess I'm worried about to what degree. And the difference between the parents is who. Her's accept me. Mine accept her.

Sarah's Parents all guessed, I guess that's a good sign. I don't think mine have guessed, but they've been bugging me for months about it, "So do you have any news? he he he."

Anyway... I think the thing that's freaked me out the most so far is Sarah's Sister saying "Well, he's family now." in a matter of fact sort of way. eek.

Anyway in that same 'break a leg' kind of thinking, the 'say the worst then it not going to happen' sorta voodoo. I'll send out this song. Which is Funny as hell by the way.


Today's Song of the Day is "No Children" by The Mountain Goats off their 2002 album "Tallahasse."

Crazy Fact: Most of the songs recorded by the Mountain Goats are recorded (by choice) on a department-store boom box.

njoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fuck that last one has got to be spam. What an empty suck up.

Dude, I am alive. And, I face The Parents this weekend. They're coming over for the weekend, staying on our lovely pull out couch, and speaking exclusively German.

In between I'm studying the language, doing 3 jobs, and putting on a film festival.

Sorry I've been out of touch! Also our internet was down for over a week after we got back. Belfast sucks. Come here or meet us in Barcelona.