Sunday, August 07, 2005

My Mission.

And you ALL know my mission here is to rant and to send out at least one song from every year in the last Fifty at least twice a year (actually each Volume of the Song of the Day MP3CD has to have at LEAST one from every year in the last fifty.) This leads to some problems. Like 1981. That year fucking EATS!

I'm looking for Help from you the readers to give me whack of songs from 1981 that don't suck. This time I won't ignore you I promise, I'll find them rip them and send them. dude! I will!

"Help me obi-one. You are my only hope. (kinda.)"


Today's Song of the Day is "The Pink Panther Theme" by Henry Mancini and His Orchestra off his 1964 Album "The Pink Panther"

Crazy fact: Henry Mancini won four Oscars and twenty Grammys, the all-time record for a pop artist.

njoy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

prince's controversy album was in 1981.
there was a good grand master flash album.
and the stone's tatoo you
and squeeze (tempted on that album)
and the police ghost in the machine (a few good tunes on that)
acdc for those about to rock
john lennon double fantasy (a couple nice songs)
singles: billy idol dancing with myself
rick james superfreak
dolly parton 9 to 5
pat benetar hit me with your best shot
stevie nicks/tom petty stop dragging my heart around
queen another one bites the dust (still on the charts from late 1980)

DON'T BE SO LAZY! GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.

Anonymous said...

kool and the gang celebration
and the theme to the greatest american hero!!!

Anonymous said...

that "anonymous" post was fiver again.
he wants the credit.

Anonymous said...

There were at least two good songs in 81

Blondie - Tide is High

Tom Petty - The Waiting

Man, you are lazy.

JR