Monday, August 09, 2004

You're In, You're Out, Either Way, it's Two for One.

Ok unless you have heard and love Operation: Mindcrime this intro will be no big deal to you. For those of us who listened heavily to this album it is part of your consciousness "...all I remember is doing what they told me... told me... told me..."

Ok for all of you with brothers or sisters with different musical tastes than you this one goes out to you. I used to HATE Queensrÿche. Hate hate hate. But my frickin' brother played this album so DAMN much that next thing I knew I was singing along and hating myself for it. But you have to give up that fight eventually. If your singing along you can't really hate it. At
best you can be embarrassed. But you should really give up that fight and give in to the idea that "Yes. I like Queensrÿche," or "Yes. I like Samantha Fox," or "Yes. I like Alan Jackson," or whatever crap your siblings forced into your mind. Familiarity is a terrible thing. I went to Queensrÿche's concert and everything. I'm the accidental fan.

I think "Outro (mandatory)" kicks some ass though, whatever happened to this dude he is pretty messed up about it. The sincerity in his voice is intense... s'killer.


Today's Song of the Day is "I Remember Now" by Queensrÿche which is the intro to their 1988 CD "Operation: Mindcrime."

Today's Song of the Day is "Outro (mandatory)" by UNKLE which is the Outro of their 1998 CD "Psyence Fiction"

Crazy Fact: Queensrÿche opened on one of 2001 hottest metal concert tickets -- Iron Maiden's Brave New World reunion tour, which also included former Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford. Upon the tour's completion, Geoff Tate (Queensrÿche), Rob Halford (Judas Priest), and Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson formed a metal supergroup, dubbed Trinity. SUPER!

njoy

No comments: