Monday, August 30, 2004

Where is my mind? Oh, I left it in my other pants.

It's mister super-distinctive-voiced weird guy. You suckers thought you left him behind, well losers, look who I've raised from the dead. I'm excited to reveal to y'all I've decided to make it Fine Young Cannibal week! Yeah, I'm totally joking. But what I always thought was the weirdest thing about this dude was that I always thought he (Roland Gift) looked like Nat "King" Cole and the juxtaposition of musical styles was always too much for my mind to bear. It makes my brain twitch and phase into Quantum Space...just a little. So now I try not to look at either of them as there identities are battling for supremacy in my head:

Ole Nat King Cole: You think *I* look like *Him*! He looks like me, I sure as FUCK don't look like *Him*!

Roland: "Joh-nayyy, I'mm sorr-ray."

Ole Nat King Cole: Hey now, listen up. I came first, I'm a WAAAAAY more influential musician, dammit!

Roland: "caaall your Maaa-maaa aaah-ahh ah"

Ole Nat King Cole: I didn't fucking smoke three packs of cigarettes a day, to be beaten out by that freakshow!

Roland: "come onn ho-ohm, wea woo-ray"

Nat: AAAAAAAAAAAA! Fucking shut your noise-hole! AAAAAAAA!


Today's Song of the Day is "Johnny Come Home (Extended Mix)" by The Fine Young Cannibals off their 1986 Debut "Fine Young Cannibals."

Crazy Fact: Andy Cox and Dave Steele formally of the English Beat( <- the crazy part..) hooked up Roland Gift and formed the Fine Young Cannibals.

njoy

No comments: