Friday, August 20, 2004

One Phone to Rule them All, And in the Darkness Bind Them.

I fear change.

SPEAKING of CHANGE. Holy shit, is there a single working pay phone in the ENTIRE city? I've lost my precious twice now (within a week, scarey scarey stuff lemmie say) and I've been forced to revert back to that tin-can and string land line crap. Oh I'm such a snob now and I've only had a cell-phone since May, but DUDE am I a convert. Anyway. I wasted 5 quarters (they all got stuck) and 30 minutes trying every pay phone I could find or get directed to by helpful passersby and nothin', no love from the tin-can. And I'm just trying to get a cab to get to work. It wasn't fun. Hungry, bleary eyed, deep in cell-phone deprivation induced panic, cursing, looking wildly in all directions like a lunatic, scanning the horizon through fingerprinty glasses for a cab or phone (hey there SS you totally saw me building up to that state.) It was an extremely frustrating way to start your day lemmie tell you.

But what's up with losing my cell-phone twice in two weeks. And Screw you Freud! I'm not buying your crap mental produce, It stinks and it's full of holes. Don't even start with me. Not until my precious is returned.

Today's Song of the Day is "The Seed (2.0)" by the Roots off their 2002 Album "Phrenology."

Crazy Fact: The only reason the Roots recorded their first album "Organix" was to sell when the group was invited to represent stateside hip-hop at a concert in Germany in 1993.

njoy

No comments: