Thursday, August 12, 2004

Oprah with an Axe. Truly Terrifying.

I've been totally addicted to yet another stupid video game called Railroad Tycoon II. You build train empires in various historical periods and geographical locations. Wow. How fucking succinct is THAT?

Anyway...

It's all historically accurate and geeky, like if you ever played monopoly you build the B&O railroad with the same CEOs and Rail Managers...

Anyways... (now I'm such a geek I'm annoying mySELF)

These fuckers built these big-assed railroads that spread people and cargo of all kinds all over the continent. They pretty much laid the ground work for the modern life style. But is this a good thing? Probably. I think it also laid the ground work for the disintegration of the community and the creation of the fix-it-now mental state of us first worlders. We can just try something new or go somewhere else. Whether we actually do isn't really the point. Back in the day you were keenly aware that you you were stuck with the fools around you and anyone else was a "stranger from out of town and not to be trusted 'n' such". Like I said, I'm kinda glad for the modern-life style of "I don't like you so I'm going to find someone else to talk to" instead of "There's only four of us in this rotten logged cabin and I guess we are just going to have to talk it out or give in and fight to the death like animals."

In all my past lives I lost every single fight to the death so I'm just glad that whole fad is over. I take it all back. Fix it now Oprah, and when you tell me what to do, make sure it rhymes, I like that. You may be an annoying loud-mouth with waay too much power over the minds of the bored, but, it would just be embarrassing losing a fight to the death against you.

Today's Song of the Day is "Biko" by Peter Gabriel off his 1980 album "Peter Gabriel."

Crazy Fact: Peter Gabriel has three albums between 1977 and 1980 all called 'Peter Gabriel'. Cray-zee.

njoy

No comments: