Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Why don't you call your Ma-mee!?

What's up with stoopid, stoopid sleep. I don't know about you, but it never freakin' co-operates for me. NEVER. Last night I went to bed at 8:00 PM by accident. Woke up at 4:36. In that way, that "your just not gonna fall asleep again" kinda way. Brains goin'. Hampsters started on their wheels.

Me: Ignoring the hampsters. Keep eyes closed. No you really are asleep. Trying. Trying. Breathe slower. Don't move at all. Trying. Oh I'm closer, I just know it...

Yeah right.

What the hell is "trying to sleep"? Dude. Your lying still and your brain is just going to shut off or it isn't. Period. What's the "trying" part for. You trying to do nothing. Just do nothing and have faith that you will lose consciousness. I can't help but feel that this is terribly terribly naïve. I'm just going to lie hear and hope that what I want to happen will happen. Actually that's kind of a comforting thought. Every man, woman and child on this planet "try to sleep" Every Evil man put's his head down and tries to sleep, with the same innocence of a child. That's kinda nice. Like it. No matter how bad shit or good shit is going, you gotta lie totally still, and try to sleep. Oddly, that gives me a great deal of compassion for people whom I usually hold nothing but derision, like George Bush. That little puppet puts his cute little head down and goes to sleep.

Probably drools. (Well not THAT much compassion. Jeeze.)


(I don't know if I'm the only loser who remembers this song but right now it feels like it. It only made it to Number 21 on the charts, but I frickin' loved this tune.)

Today's Song of the Day is "Deeper Shade of Soul" by Urban Dance Squad off their 1990 album "Mental Floss for the Globe."

Crazy Fact: Urban Dance Squad is based out of Amsterdam... Well *I* think that's crazy.

njoy

3 comments:

ces said...

I think *you're* crazy, pdawg. But I still love ya. See you at school!

Pif said...

yay! you read me!

ces said...

Yeah I read you and now I am a love child.

http://www.shot_of_love.blogspot.com