Sunday, August 15, 2004

Just like Rolling Stone.

It time for the stream off consciousness sort of I have no idea what I'm going to rant about today routine. Well nuthin's really bugging me except Rolling Stone magazine. I was reading about Devo today and rolling stone can be pretty freakin stunned. They hated Led Zeppelin, constantly slammed Queen and thought Devo frickin DEVO were fascists. What kind of boneheads think Devo are Fascists? Yeah that's all I got. Something else that I found crazy was that the dudes in Devo were going to Kent State when the army came in and fired on the students. They were just a buncha music geek and probably general geeks (hey if there was a geek army who would be General Geek? Lord of the geeks, the one to bring them together under one flag and fight against the ridicule and oppression of the Geek way of life. Poor bastards have it, bad. What am I saying? Why am I speaking in third person as if I was somehow separate from my Geek brothers? I'm goin' to burnin' hell for that. I better confess. My name is Pif Edwards and I am a Geek. All better! That was easy. This Catholicism thing has something to it. Anyway. The sworn enemy of the geek is...well there's so many. The wise-crackin' insecure loudmouth (sound like a species of bird ("oh my god pa, lookit!") wow I'm tying off this inter-rant tangent it's gotta stop. where the hell did this parentheses start? Oh right) who were into this crazy book called "The Beginning Was The End: Knowledge Can Be Eaten" and then the army moved in on their campus and they decided things went to far so they started a band...wait-a-minute... "They started a BAND?!?"


Kid: Pa! Tornados a-comin'

Pa: Alright boys, you know what to do.

Kid: Hide in the Cellar?

Pa: Nope. Git your banjo, boa. We gotta start us a band.

Kid: Yee-Haw!

Pa: Maybe through our severely stylized alienating music, obscure alienating lyrics and bizarre alienating antics we can raise awareness to the danger our people face and if ONLY the People KNEW!

Kid: Yee-Haw!

Pa: If we play it, they will come.

kid: Yee-Haw!


I'm done.


Today's Song of the Day is "Whip it" by Devo off their 1980 Album "Freedom of Choice."

Crazy Fact: Mark Mothersbaugh (a guy in DEVO) wrote the theme music for Pee-Wee's Playhouse

njoy

No comments: