Friday, August 13, 2004

Papa's Got a Really Old Bag.

Ever notice that when you got a rock in your shoe it feels like a boulder, or a splinter in your foot if feel like you have a spike driven into your heel. The worst thing about this, besides the obvious discomfort, is the let down when you actually find the offending article. Especially for fools like me who externalize every fool thought that comes into their head.


ME: GODDAMN! What the fuck it THAT? AAAAA! There's fucking broken glass in my shoe! Christ almighty! I can hardly fucking walk!

(I stumble to the ground, dramatically grimace and carefully remove my shoe. I shake my shoe wildly and a bearly visible pebble bounces to the ground.)

THEM: you pansy.

ME: That's all? There's gotta be more. (shake, shake, shake!)

THEM: nope.

ME: This is so unfair.


The imagination is a terrible thing. I'm one of those poor bastards with an over-active one. It's like an extremist. I don't like extremists. They keep blowing shit way out of proportion and then blowing shit up. Maybe my imagination is secretly plotting against me. I'm sure of it! Bastard! It's the cause of all my grief. That's it. It's gotta go. Death to the tyrant
imagination! Fuckers! Keeping us down, freaking us out. It's a goddamn fear-monger. It's like I got George Bush living in my head. Taking all the good thoughts for himself and dishing me the crappy fearful left-overs. It's not fair, I tell you, not fair at all!

That clinches it. Time to get a labotomy. It's simply the last straw. It's the only way to be... Or maybe that's just what George wants me to think? Hmm...he's tricky isn't he... Bastards! You never know with those rogue imaginations they could be up to just about anything. Obviously, This requires more thought.

Today's Song of the Day is "Prelude No. 2 in C Minor" from "The Well-Tempered Clavier Book 1" Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach in 1722, performed here by Glenn Gould, Recorded January 10 to June 7, 1962 in New York City.

Crazy Fact: Johann Sebastian Bach married his cousin, Maria Barbara Bach in the fall of 1707.

njoy

No comments: