Saturday, August 07, 2004

Thema! Baby! You got it goin' on!

I was watching Scooby-doo recently with my nephew Sam. And he is crazy for Scooby-doo, loves it. But, why 25 years after I was watching it is it still stoopid popular with the wee ones? I pondered this whilst the kids "meddled" and Sam used every crook of my body for a chair. As Sam and I sat (or squirmed) there engrossed in Shaggy's food obsession and Scooby's half-crazed fearful mumbling, it hit me. The entire show's purpose is to prove that monsters aren't real. No matter how inexplicable it's some failed vengeful greedy crazed janitor who's at the controls of every one of these monsterous criminal mysteries. So it helps the kids with all that boogie man action. And it doesn't matter how smart you are you will never beat those meddling kids, and don't fuck around, they're pretty smart.

And Thema was looking pretty hot. Obviously, I've always been a Daphne kinda guy, as we've all been socialized to appreciate. But *damn* that girl is looking fine. Think about it, she's REALLY smart, knows how to laugh at herself, is completely unpretentious, has some pretty cool friends, a decent job, loves to travel, a retro sense of style, a life full of excitement...she's pretty freaking self-actualized. My kinda girl! I guess I'm not falling for the looks crap anymore. I've been to the circus been on *those* rides, they always leaving me puking and embarrassed in some sticky, smelly ally, with a Carney handing me a greasy rag to clean the vomit off my pants with. No, no, I've had enough of that part of the funhouse.

Today's Song of the Day is "Last Night" by the Strokes off their 2001 Album "Is this it?"

Crazy Fact: Singer/songwriter Julian Casablancas is the son of Elite modeling agency kingpin John Casablancas.

njoy

No comments: