Friday, September 24, 2004

Sesame Street

I'm old.

SOOO I'm in my Geology Class or as my good Munich living friend EV calls it 'The Dirt Sciences' Class. It's early i'm sleepy. From here on it goes down hill.

It's announced that we have to go on a field trip. This makes me feel like I'm in junior high and I'm working again in one fell swoop:


"I have to work the WEEKEND!?" and "Wicked! Field trip! no no no wait... field trip? What am I... ten? WTF?"

While I'm trying to calm my poor panicked brain bursting with painful probing questions like "WHO AM I?" "Where AM I" "What am I DOING Here?" "How did..but...NO WAY... this ISN'T..you FUCKING..." It is at this point the prof says something seemingly unworthy of comment in our increasingly difficult legal world that becomes my most horrible Dal moment yet:

Ms. Ryan: I'll have to get you all to sign a waiver, so you can't sue us. It's a technicality really.

Me in my Head: sure that makes sense... A FIELD TRIP!? What fucking GRADE am... look just call it 'going out into the field..." yeah. ok. That sounds better...

Ms. Ryan: Now if any of you are under nineteen your going to have to get your parents to sign it.

Me Bursting out of my Head: You didn't hear anything. DO YOU HEAR ME! Just look straight ahead. don't even think abou...

Ms. Ryan: If you are under nineteen raise your hand.

Me Trying to Hide in my Head: Don't turn around. DON'T turn around! DON'T... (I look. There is a forest of mid-eighties Born hands in the Air)

Ms. Ryan: That's just about all of you isn't it.

Me Running Amok with an AXE inside my Head: *Pop!* ( <-- the sound of a vein popping in my head) AAAAAAAAAAAAA! One of these things is not like the other! One of these things is not like the other! One of these things is not like the other!


Today's Song of the Day is "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" by The Band off their 1969 Album "The Band."

Crazy Fact: These Guys are Canadian! (Mildy crazy.) (big ups to VR for the link)

njoy

3 comments:

ces said...

Oh I love this song, babe! Good choice.

Great story! I get new ones every day. No field trips though. hey, i totally would have gone to caledonia, but i had to work.

go study.

Gene Justice said...

Reminds me of orientation day when I first went to Uni, at the ripe old age of 25, after years of tending to my own shopping lists and laundry issues, to hear a couple of freshmen (actually, fresh young women...) standing in line behind me talking about how surprised they were at all the things they needed to buy to make sure they had clean clothes. I was *this close* to going nuts right there listening to it...

How does one get to be the 15th caller, anyway?

Pif said...

"Well it's more of a guideline then a rule..."
- Dr. Peter Venkman.

What bill is trying to say here is that it's totally subjective, just like my existence. Drop me a line to pifedwards@yahoo.com and ol'piffy will see what he can do for you.