Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Mr. Noodle is Dead. (Therefore NOT in the Sequel.)

"I'm NOT looking for another crappy job, fuck it, I'm going back to school."

WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?!?

WHAT!? but but but now it's REAL! Why did I have to turn thirty and start doubting everything? JESUS.

The thought of sitting in a room with a bunch of people (kids!!!) i don't know and... doing...er, not doing, that's the thing, no more making money for The Man. I was getting used to making money for The Man. I was getting into it. The Man provided. It was comfortable. Now I'm... What the HELL am I?

Oh look! I just figured it out, I'm having an identity crisis. great. How SNAG of me. I am my own episode of Dawson's Creek. Why don't I just quit working and go back school. oops did that. Maybe I should start a blog. gotcha again. I need to watch High Fidelity again.

I know every job is a pride eating, all-you can eat, easy-listening, 24-hour Bonanza. If it's not your peers, it's your boss, if it's not your boss, it's a supplier, if it's not a supplier, it's the client/customer/patron. Put on the shit-eating grin and get to work. Eat all you can stomach, go home and try to sleep it off. Up again, then back to the trough. Just make it week-end to week-end which you drink into oblivion just to make the week bearable. You know what? It wasn't so bad. But this do-it yourself, free-thinking, academic Choose Your Own Adventure... you know what? I think I understand the Borg. I want back into the cube. Tell me what to do and then give me my down time. Strip me of my individuality, give me my cool costume, the necessary technological improvements and plug me in to the matrix. Jesus. Gimme the other pill! I TOOK THE WRONG PILL! Morpheus you bastard, telling me fairy tales about Alice in Fucking Wonderland. You should be ashamed of yourself. Now I gotta learn stuff (nothing cool, no Kung-fu for me) and eat slop (who thought to call these fucking noodles "mister!") and live in a hole in the ground on the wrong side of town. You call this FREEDOM! You Mother-Fuckers!

Ah! That felt pretty-good.


Today's Song of the Day is 'Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)' by Pink Floyd off their 1979 Album "The Wall."

Crazy Fact: Pink Floyd's 1973 album, Dark Side of the Moon spent an incomprehensible 741 weeks on the Billboard album chart.

njoy

1 comment:

Mad'Nis said...

Hahahaha! That's great man! Hm... I think I started doubting everything at 28. Or 12.

Remember: Just because you've been there and back already means you're better than them. Just keep it to yourself.