Tuesday, September 14, 2004

How do you spell fear? C-A-L-C-U-L-U-S

"50% of you will fail. If You think you might be in this 50% you probably are."

That is a truly terrifying thing for your professor to say to you on the first day. Damn STRAIGHT I think I'm in that 50%! good lord. fear learned me a valuable lesson however. DO YOUR READING. It helps. really. I wondered why I got crappie marks 'n' why shit was hard back in the day. bingo. things are different now. me read the stuff 'n' get goodem plenty smart.

wow. calculus is hard. no joke. it's the tough stuff. It makes Jacques Derrida read like Goodnight Moon. My brain turns off mid sentence and I wake up asleep on my text book 6 or 7 times a day. It's bizarre. Usually I just get distracted and suddenly realize I've been walking in circles giggling for 20 minutes. No this is different. It's a shutdown, it catches me off guard everytime. Being asleep makes learning really hard and studying nearly impossible.


Today's Song of the Day is "Mr. Sandman" by The Chordettes off their 1954 Album "Listen."

Crazy Fact: Jinny Osborn, who formed the group with three college friends, was exposed to harmony singing via her father, who was president of "The Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barbershop Quartet Singing in America Inc." good lord.

njoy

No comments: