Thursday, September 23, 2004

Poor Company In The Company Store.

Odd. Having just come out the the working world to the student world, my universe has been gutted and it's entrails examined. And I'll tell you what. Working is easier than being a student (who is actually trying to get good marks. The first time around didn't count.) No doubt in my mind. See when you work, you work your ass off and they give you CASH (and it's not enough cash.) When your a student you work your ass and they give you a MARK (and it's not high enough.) One hour at ANY job will earn you the priviage of AT LEAST one beer. Well I just found out that I can't go down to the bar and whip out my not highenoughmarked Geology Assignment and trade it for even one beer. Even if it's an A.

Did you know this?
I was shocked.

What a rip. AND they make you pay 6500.000 bucks to do it. dude. I think you got it wrong. I work hard you, give me cash, see? That's the way the world works. Then they have this company store attitude. Buy these overpriced books from us or fail (get fired). (600/term!!!) Oh and if you want to print on Campus (work) that's 10 cents a sheet. And you HAVE to print on campus. Where the HELL are the labour laws. I think I hate this crazy bizarro world.


Today's Song of the Day is 'Once In A Lifetime" by Talking Heads off their 1984 album 'Stop Making Sense.'

Crazy Fact: Their 'big break' came in 1975 when the band won a spot opening for the Ramones at the seminal New York punk club CBGB.

njoy

No comments: