Monday, October 11, 2004

Zeno Doesn't Know How to Play with Others.

I think this society of ours supports and rewards the extravert, I know my good friend A.P. would agree (happy birthday, beautiful) but this leads to a little bit of a conundrum in my eyes. People-people are interested in communicating, maintaining friendships and going out with those friends, sitting at home alone makes them restless and cranky, they are at peace with a life in flux. Introverted people are more relaxed at home, have a deeper interest self-reflection and alone time, without it, they get cranky. Now it requires a degree of reflection to think about other people and what your doing to them and how you make them feel, how they feel.

I think I might be blowing it.

The very dead, Plato thought that the best life was one spent in contemplation, those greeks are crazy different. They must really know how they feel, how what they do affects other people, just brimming with self-knowledge, deep worldly observations about there sofa, their bowl of fruit and they would know exactly what to do if they ever left there house, but whenever they leave the house they are too cranky to talk. And then you have the extravert gossiping and telling everybody they know everything in their mostly thoughtless head in a haze of self-interest, totally unaware of there effect on the world. If it's not surrounded by bright colours, explosions or a big crowd, they would never notice.

How the hell do we survive?

I know. You know what Zeno? Dichotomies are BULLSHIT. You suck and I just talked myself into a hole again. I had something to say but I dropped it in this very dark hole and I'm afraid of spiders, so forget it.


Today's Song of the Day is "Surrey with the Fringe on Top " Composed by Richard Rogers & Oscar Hammerstein II Performed here by Blossom Dearie off her 1958 Album "Once Upon a Summertime."

Crazy Fact: Actually born with the name Blossom Dearie in the New York Catskills.

njoy

No comments: