Friday, October 08, 2004

Michael J. Fox MEANS Something To ME.

They have been having that Damn poster sale at Dal forever. Imaginus, I think it's called. When I first went to dal I was amazed. I felt like I could actually own piece of something that was important to me. The world was new the possibilities were opening up in front of me. I could own important pieces of beauty. wow. Van Gogh tortured and fascinating, Turner moody and full of LIGHT. So many COOL posters of movies I love, music that speaks to me, cultural icons that really meant something to me. All Clearly symbols that clearly represented how I feel, who I wanted to become and reminding of who I should follow. It was Half-way to a Tattoo. Some image that I must keep, an important reminder, a totem.

Now I'm back 15 years later and only one word comes to mind. Juvenile. The question did I change or did it. Probably me. Oh look Bob Marley smoking a GIANT Joint, oh no there he is smoking and even BIGGER gagger. wow. I don't belong here. Pulp Fiction, Scarface, Fight Club, Linkin' Park, Christina Aguilara. where is the exit! Giant peace symbols, Escher posters, John Lennon with Tupac (what? do they really belong on the same poster?) How the HELL do I get out of here! I'm trapped in this maze surrounded by children pointing and screaming 'Cool.' and 'It's so true.' and 'look at the size of that GAGGER!" 'Oh I L O V E it.' I'm starting to freak-out. There's kids with a poster of Martin Luther King with John Lennon with the slogan 'we will remember' in one hand and a poster of Smith and Wesson hand guns in the other... another kid with a picture of the General Lee under one arm and Britney Spears kissing Madonna in the other buying a poster of Tupac.

I feel like going postal. I force my way through the crowd, desperate to escape the maze and come face to face with a U2 Joshua Tree poster. I stop dead in my tracks and stare.

I want it.

I am such a hippocrate. But I'm such a sucker for that album. such a sucker. After all the wraith and judgment I've been dealing to this rabid poster craving crowd I.. I don't even know what to say. I'm humbled. I decide it best to leave. Posters are SO LAME I remind myself. I weave my way through the crowd with my head down as not to see anymore images to disturb the clear waters of my judgment. At the door, I'm stopped dead in my tracks. Blind-sided by a Ghostbusters poster. ouch. It even glows in the Dark. double ouch. It's brilliant.

I want it.

RUN Boy RUN! The EGO is gonna self-destruct! RUN to the HILLS. I think I left a path of flaming tire tracks behind me.


Today's Song of the Day is "With Or Without You" by U2 off some album I never heard of from 1987.

Crazy fact: some people actually like these guys, whatever. pffft.

njoy

No comments: