Friday, October 15, 2004

The Middle of Nowhere Has Left the Building.

What the Hell? The BBC nightly world news has mentioned Halifax 3 nights in a row. What the Hell?

Tues: Sunday Shopping.
Wed: Submariner that died.
Thu: Cargo Plane Crash.

I know this is getting repetitive but, What the Hell? It freaked me out when they mentioned Halifax for the G7 summit on the world news years ago. And then for Hurricane Juan, what does it all mean!?! ah, nothing as usual. I'm just getting all worked up over something of little importance. I still think it's scrazy. loco. I'm making the intellectual decision to STAY worked up over it.

What's so wrong about irrationality of this kind anyway? You go ahead and bore yourself to tears with a life that makes perfect sense, where all is equal. Where all reactions are balanced, thought-out, even-tempered. Bollacks. (if that's how you spell it, I'm not sure I've ever used that word before, it just popped out) Sure, sure. You rail off convincing rhetoric, and actually you can even be right, but at the very crux, at the most important point, the crescendo of your argument, the final meeting place of all your well-constructed and perfected presented ideas, I'm going to pull down my pants, 'gallop away' smacking my ass, hooting and laughing uncontrollably. You can't beat that. What have you got to say now? Irrationality you will ever be my companion, my entertainer and my partner in crime. Marry me you little retard. You are and will always be, my favorite. (music swells, Pif and his inner retard kiss. As Pif makes out with himself, his inner retard pants-es him and 'gallops away' smacking his own ass, hooting and laughing uncontrollably. curtain.)

perfection.
(No wonder I'm single.)


Today's Song of the Day is "Stuck In The Middle With You" by Stealers Wheel off their 1973 Album "Stealers Wheel."

Crazy Fact: The classy sleeve for there debut album 'Stealers Wheel,' was painted by Scottish playwright John "Patrick" Byrne.

njoy

2 comments:

Pif said...

No way am I letting one of you working slobs correct my speeling.

Mad'Nis said...

Oddly, it doesn't seem odd at all to me that Halifax is in the world news. I mean, Titanic, Swiss Flight 111, WWII, Hurricane Juan, everybody I meet in Europe knows about Halifax. There's even a Shambhala group in Berlin at my Yoga studio... they are amazed to meet someone from Halifax... Well Germans generally worship Canada anyway, all that space, fresh air, nature, lakes and trees. Okay I'm done.