Sunday, October 10, 2004

Luke Jaywalker.

I was waiting at a corner talking to a Mike, there were two people waiting at the corner to cross the street. An unhealthy looking guy in his forties and another guy who looked to be in his seventies. The light turned green and both of them started across the street. Since it's Quinpool Road the light switches from a walk light to flashing hand almost instantly. A cop car trying to make a left turn starts to turn and then seeing the pedistrans slows, a cop put her head out of the window. 'What are you blind?! It's a red light! What are you doing! Get off the road!' This old man looks up gets confused, backs away and goes back to his corner. The other guy looks at the flashing hand a points to it and start to complain.
'but..."
'GET OFF THE ROAD!'
He mutters to himself and returns to the corner, she speeds away.

Yelling at old men who are slow to get across the street. Is this securing the streets of the city? The snotty attitude and the quickness to anger... it pissed me off. Not to mention it wasn't red or why the hell was she making a left turn against a red red. and furthmore if in that socially retarded brain of hers she meant to say it was a flashing hand, then she should go back and read the laws on right of way.

I think I might actually lodge a complaint. Oh my god, I AM old. "That police officer was SOO RUDE! Goodness Gracious me.'


Today's Song of the Day is "TV Cops" by The Goats off their 1992 album 'Tricks Of The Shade.'

Crazy Fact: The are from Philly... like the Roots. yeah, I got nothin.

njoy

No comments: