Wednesday, November 10, 2004

"So, This is What Kansas is Like," said the Gnome.

So my good friend Mike is skipping town for richer pastures (hog town) and as a parting gift he gave me some magic shoes. they're gold. They are not for the faint of heart. They get quite a reaction from people. I'm walking around and people look down in horror, they look up straining to make sense of me, they again look down still surprised, they scan up my body, finally they become self aware and quickly turn there heads, look away and walk by. I would say this is the reaction of one in twenty but when your walking through campus you pass by so many people that some one always seems to be reacting. I'm not sure how to react. I feel like a gnome with these crazy yellow shoes on. I like attention as much as the next guy, but this is too much, or weird, or something-er-other. There is something in this I'm not used to.

I think it's the closest I'm ever going to come to getting piercings or a tattoo, it's as close as I'm going to get to some kind of outward mark of distinction. I feel like they are glowing, burning brightly from below with attention-o-waves, everytime I look down I get confused so I look away, walk on thinking about them, trying not to bump into things.

They're not everyday shoes. That's for sure.


Today's Song of the Day is "Get On The Good Foot" by James Brown off his 1972 album "Get On The Good Foot."

Crazy Fact: In 1988, he led the police on an interstate car chase after allegedly threatening people with a handgun. The episode ended in a six-year prison sentence that many felt excessive; he was paroled after serving two years.

njoy

No comments: