Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Determinism Helps Me R E L A X .

I wrote a test, for geology, and I was totally unprepared. I got caught of guard. I just sorta took ate two smarties and went in with a brain full of hope, but nuthin' else. Oddly I did better on this one then on the one's I studied for.

That's bad on the Head.

(A ghostly voice drifts in with the lame 60s reverb cranked) "Don't study pif... go have a beer... you'll do better...can't you see?"

"Yeah weird little devil with the reverb mic on my sholder... I think your right, again!"

Unfortnately it reminded of a story from my first time around when I asked Dr. Merritt what I should do to prepare myself for his much-feared uber-brutal final exam in Dramaturgy (yeah you read it right) "Well, either you know it, or you don't... so I guess do what you normally do on a Friday Night." License to Kill.

So I find Dave and tell him drinks are on me on two conditions, first, he has to make sure I get to the Exam at 9 AM and second, with every drink he takes he has to tell me a dramaturgical fact. The night was a blur. The clearest image I have is of Dave nearly green standing at the door of the Exam room the next morning kinda stunned and kinda stumbling, "...Well... ...here you are...I'm going back to bed...sucker..."

I got an 'A'.

Time to read.


Today's Song of the Day is "Symphony No. 5: i. Allegro con brio" composed by Ludwig van Beethoven (or something) in 1808, here conducted by Herbert Von Karajan and performed by The Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra.

Crazy Fact: You know this Symphony is subtitled "Fate"? I think that's pretty cool.

njoy

No comments: