Monday, November 08, 2004

Fade to Black.

The fade out is such a cheap way to end a song. What it really means is we have no idea how to end the song so they say 'we are just going to stop playing and use cheap fade out deal to cover our lose losery.'

That being said, when I have to turn off music, I'm vaguely uncomfortable with just switching it off. I feel like I need to appologize to them musician 'Sorry Frankie I gotta go' so I usually fade it out and then turn it off. It seems less jarring or more respectful. I know that makes me a huge flake but everything I do makes me a huge flake.

If you could only get out of really difficult conversations that way:

"I'm sorry, These last two years have been an utter mistake. I don't like you anymore, I'm breaking up with you. (quieter) I don't like you anymore, I'm breaking up with you. (quieter) I don't like you anymore, I'm breaking up with you. (whispering) I don't like you anymore, I'm breaking up with you." As you tip-toe out of the room.

or maybe it would be more like:

Doc: Yes, Mr. Smith it's what we feared, you have cancer, you have thre...eek.....ve, you....can...ree..to li..., ...ee... ...o... ...i... .

Mr. Smith: Can you speak up?

Doc: er eh-um yes... uh I don't know how to say this it's what we feared, you have cancer, you have thre...eek.....ve, you....can...ree..to li..., ...ee... ...o... ...i... .

Mrs. Smith: Dear, can't you take a hint. He is fading and repeating on you.

Mr. Smith: What... but that can only mean-

Mrs. Smith: Yes, he's a cheap coward who doesn't even have the decency to tip-toe out of the room.

Doc: Well it is MY office after all.


Either way no dice. Must face the Music.


Today's Song of the Day is "Pink Moon" by Nick Drake off his last album "Pink Moon" which was released in 1972.

Crazy Fact: There is some question to whether or not he commited suicide or it was accidental but either way he died from an overdose of booze and sleeping pills.

njoy

No comments: