Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Too Good at Making Friends

Ok so he seemed harmless enough the first time when he came by to ask if we would give him the 2-4 of empties at the top of the stairs. We gave it to him. It was strange to hear a voice come from out there. oh well

Then I heard it again.

"hey man can you leave those bottles there and not on the street so I can get'em man."
"umm... sure."
"cool man, cool."

Then I heard it again.

"hey man, have any bottles today, say man can I you don't have a beer do you?
"umm.. sure."
"thanks man I really appreciate it."
"no problem"
"hey man my names' peter..."
"cool, I'm pif, seeya"
"thanks man."

Then I heard it again through the rain. He came in, sat down for a bit, bummed another beer and talked while he scouted out my kitchen. ok.

insert a blah blah blah
"..do you smoke weed?"
"no I gave it up"
"...cigarettes?
"I quit that too."
"sometimes man I can get so high... whooo hoo. You know man, sometimes I need the stuff so bad I couild kill for it, you know what I mean? man, like punch somebody, you know.'
"uh-huh."
"man you like CDs? I got CDs man it's you kinda music. I'lll bring some by..."
"uh-huh."
"Ok man I'll talk to you later."

Then again.

"Hey man do you have a beer."
"sorry man I'm low.'
'come on.'
"sorry.'
"how about five bucks.'
"look you can have the bottles but that's it.'
"Sure man sure, I see how it is."
"...Five bucks man."
"nope."
"i'm not just here to see what I can get from you, know that."
"sure, man, sure, I know."
"ok well I'll see you."

Then tonight a knock on the door at midnight while I'm studying in my underwear.

"Hey it's me. lemmie in for a second."
"sorry it's late."
"what time is it.'
"11:30"
"ok man I'm just stopping in I'll see you later."

No more beer for Peter. No more coming in for Peter. No more anything for Peter. If I'm found dead. Look for some guy named Peter. Nice guys finish dead.


Today's Song of the Day "Creep" by Radiohead off their 1993 debut "Pablo Honey."

Crazy Fact: He married the girl this song is about. (thanks for that one sweetie)

njoy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yikes!

be careful!

xomo

Mad'Nis said...

didn't you learn anything from this?

"Is Bill here?"

"There's no Bill here, really,"

"Well, can I have a glass of water then?"

"Uh, okay."

...

"Hey Erika, don't get out of bed, here's some lady off the street."

"okay."

...

halfway thru the glass of water...

"So, do you want a blowjob?"

"wha.. excuse me?"

"Do you want a blowjob?"

"Right. I think you better go now."

_____

THAT was 15 years ago, m'boy. when are you going to catch up? ;-)

annabanana said...

eek.
good lord.

it's hard, though. you want to be kind and open, but then that gets honed in on by all the crazies who spend their lives bumping up against closed people.

remember when we lived next to the crack house on robey and some one invited the huge scary guy over from next door to have a beer with us on halloween?

all i could think was that he was casing us, as i looked into his wild, inebreated eyes two feet above my head.

Anonymous said...

LOL - I remember that Gottigen St. incident. Countless times in our youth Pif would get into "hyper animated tool" mode in which I was convinced someone would pull over to the side of the road and beat the shit out of us. Its like he lacks any survival instincts. He's even been sniped at.

Anyway, as far as the crazy guy goes . . . just buy some blood pellets and get Sarah to sprawl out lifeless on the floor. The next time he comes over, just answer the door with a butcher knife and say " Dude, can you help me with something?" - you've got to out crazy him.

Anonymous said...

that's crazy...I was just telling someone about the is-bill-there-wanna-blowjob-incident the other day! ahhhhh folks, what are we like?!!

e