Friday, January 21, 2005

The View from the Wagon.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2005/01/21/january-blues050121.html

Going to bars and not drinking is an odd thing. I thought drunk people would be much more annoying than they are, but actually I find them quite charming. wobbley and uninhibited. You can see it all, everything they're thinking, it's as plain as day. It's quite entertaining. And a Hell of a lot cheaper. It's slightly uncomfortable, you feel like a bit of a narc, if you get a drink that looks like a drink they seem to lay off.

Oh and bands are waay worse without booze. I was amazed. waay worse.

Today's Song of the Day is "Red Red Wine" by UB40 off there 1983 album "Labour of Love"

Crazy Fact: I am sure this is the only UB40 song I'll ever send. not so crazy... how about every soing on this album is a cover, this one was originally done by Neil Diamond.

njoy

6 comments:

Mad'Nis said...

Did UB40 play other songs???

So, no booze, no smoke, is there at least still dancing going on in Pifland?

I admit, I was just ripping it up in the office here, taking a break to go a bit nuts to Dee-lite.

Aaah, the wagon. I used to live on the wagon. I used to laugh and point at people who weren't on the wagon. I think I used to drive the wagon. I liked driving the wagon!

But I can't get back on. Man, if I stop drinking beer in this country they'll deport me for sure. That's some kind of German sacreledge. At least the beer is good. DUDE, you gotta come over and test drive the beer. I mean, I don't even like beer.

Back to werk

Anonymous said...

They will deport you just for saying that you don't like beer....better start packin' dude.

you too pif, get your skinny butt over here!

Pif said...

ok anonymous, i'll kick yer ASS! get over where? E.V. if that's you I'm gonna totally kick yer ass for not responding to, like, A MILLION e-mails i sent you.

Mad'Nis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mad'Nis said...

Dude, I block anonymous posts. They're tedious. If they're too much of a pansy to connect their identity to their words, their words are worthless to me.

But I'm Sure Ms 'Ka would only do such a thing because it's a bit tedious to get an User ID... An? or A? A user. An user. An is right, but A sounds better, sheesh.

Ich habe mein Muttersprache schon vergessen. Wie peinlich.

Hey, Thursday is the 60th anniversary to the liberation of Auschwitz. Uh, happy happy. I'll be in Madrid.

Mad'Nis said...

Re, this post has been removed, sheesh, that's subtle. I deleted the post because it was the same one twice, okay? Sheesh. it's not that I'm editing myself, I'm just cancelling repeating myself. Crazy browser-based editing things sheesh.

Now some random words. Grover. Cheese. Documentary. Fish. Grating. Spinach. Random.

Große Scheiße, Sven spricht auf sein Handy über Ikea Farben. Beer. Bier. Biere. Servesa.