Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I Thought I Was Taking a Plane.

When every flight is delayed or cancelled because of heavy snow fall, it takes me seven minutes to make a leisurely stroll from one end of the Halifax International Airport to the other. Birds got in to the airport somehow and where chirping in the rafters and flying around it was serene, for me anyway. I wish everyone else could have been as relaxed about it.

Halifax is so small. I saw my old boss and we chatted for a while. I was having a pretty good time really. Hung out, drank in the airport with the other stranded airport drunks untill we were completely shit out of luck. Then we went home... very tired.

There is a certain comradery with those who go through an unfortunate situation together. I was still hoping I'd get into a deep conversation with some amazing girl and we'd fall in love, no dice.

When is flying like taking the train? When your snowed in drinking in the bar. It takes you two days to get to where your going and you meet some great folks in the bar car.


Today's Song of the Day is "Just A Gigolo/ I Ain't Got Nobody" performed by Louis Prima off his 1957 Album "The Wildest!"

Crazy Fact: In 1967, Disney tapped Prima to voice the character of King Louie, ruler of the orangutans, in its animated adaptation of The Jungle Book; his featured number, the swinging "I Wanna Be Like You," Crazy Speaking of Disney I'll talk to you tomarrow.

njoy

No comments: