Thursday, January 20, 2005

It's Not Like Riding a Bike. No, it's Not.

OK so I go into my Oral and Written Communications Skills class aware that I can have my name called to do the first assignment. Which is to Introduce myself and talk for 30 secs on communication. Easy peasey. They pick 5 at random every class.

I have this terrible sinking feeling that I'm going to blow it. So I've made cue cards and re-wrote it like a hundred times. And acted it out. ok take off glassess make sure your not wearing a hat, walk to the front of the class, make eye contact, start. ok take off glassess make sure your not wearing a hat, walk to the front of the class, make eye contact, start.

ok so I'm a little late as usual, I sit down and bang my name is called. fuck. I grab my cue cards. I thought this was supposed to happen at the end of class!? I go up to the front of the class. Why do I have to be the first one. I forget my name. What is my name? there are looking at me. am I wearing my glasses? 'piiif, my name is pif.' long pause then I sweat and choke and choke and sweat and choke and choke and choke and go over time and blow it.

First thing the prof says is "So... does anyone have anything Positive to say about this presentation? (cue crickets)

DOOD! I have a fucking DEGREE in THEATRE I have no fucking excuse. I've acted infront of 1100 people. What the FUCK!

As soon as you think you got something, look again and it's gone.



Today's Song of the Day is "A Whiter Shade of Pale" by Procol Harem off there 1967 debut album "Procol Harem."

Crazy Fact: They're named after a cat's birth certificate.

njoy

No comments: