Monday, January 10, 2005

Eternal whatsitcalled of the Spotless Mind

Ok I went to the library and took out an armful of CDs to peruse. One of them is Michelle Shocked - Short Sharp Shocked, I thought to myself, I've always meant to check that puppy out so I'll give it a listen.

I slap it in, First Song: "When I Grow Up" oh yeah I remember this song, cool. Next song "Hello Hopeville." Hey wait I know this song! 'Memories Of East Texas' is next. I know this one too! What the hell? This is creepy. I look at the cover, I'm sure I've never seen it before. then comes "(Making The Run To) Gladewater" What the hell? Every fricking song. I know them all, but from where? OK so WHOEVER of my friends used to listen to this all the time in my presence let me know 'cause I'm losing it. EVERY SONG on this album... I can pretty much sing all the lyrics, so who was it? Anna? Dennis? Somebody, Anybody tell me. I feel like a part of my brain is missing.

It seems too coincidental to me that I just watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, It's making me nervous. I'm impulsive. What did I do? Well if that's the case then why did I hold on to these other really shitty memories.

anyway... WHO IS IT!?


Today's Song of the Day is "Graffiti Limbo" by Michelle Shocked off her 1988 album "Short Sharp Shocked."

Crazy Fact: Her mother had her committed to a psychiatric hospital. She was released when her insurance ran out. nice country. wow. that really is a crazy fact.

njoy

4 comments:

annabanana said...

it was me, babycakes.

Pif said...

Really?! but but but...

annabanana said...

but but nuthin. it was a mixed tape that was mostly michelle shocked off of that particular LP. we used to disagree over what she was really singing about on that one about love being like a train....

and you liked that graffiti limbo one then, too.

Mad'Nis said...

Unschuldig. For one of the few times in his entire life, Dennis... is not guilty.