Monday, February 28, 2005

Cold Feet.

A cabin in New Hampshire will teach you a few things. I didn't really know there was such a thing as good tequila. Well there is.

Caleb: Pif! Go out and crank up the hot tub. We are gonna do this!

Pif: You got it Pontiac!

I pull on my enormous boots and tear out into the freezing (minus 15) night to 'Crank that mutha up' Predictably, I trip over god knows what and whack my knee harder then I've ever heard anything get smacked against ANYTHING, ever. Like a wrecking ball of pain into my soul, my central nervous was so stunned by the pain all I could do was freeze in place and grimace in blinding pain. Then after a moment, like my entire being was inhaling, preparing itself for this, I howl. Primal, like a beast, like a mutha fucka, I howl. Surprisingly it helps. I stumble the last few feet to the hot tub, realize I have absolutely no idea how to 'crank this mutha' so I whine and limp and stumble my way back to the main cabin.

Wren: What the hell did you do to yourself?!

Pif: FUCK! I an invisible monster of Pain just fucking kicked me in the knees. It hurts I'll live. The water will fix me.

Caleb: Let's do this.

We make ready. And all seven of us head through the cold to the near steaming hot tub. The steam coming out of it is like a smokestack into the night. I can't even see the other side. I start throwing snow through the steam cloud just to see who yelps from the other side.

Ariel and Ali: Hey!

fun. I do it again.

Rob and Caleb: Hey fucker! (snow splatters back at me in an act of vengence)

very fun.

Wren: (shaking a bottle of tequila in my face) Power up, 'cause when you hit that water your going to need it.

About ten minutes before pounded my knee into the most mysterious and hardest substance in the known solar-system I had run out into the bitter cold and broke all the ice around the dock for one inevitability. You guessed it. To go jump in the lake. all seven of us. I hope I have the balls to jump in and I hope I don't leave them in the lake when I get out. It makes me wonder if it's actually possible to freeze them off. We will see.

(to be continued...)


Today's Song of the Day is "Real Cool Time" by The Stooges off their 1969 debut album "The Stooges."

Crazy Fact: Iggy Pop (the point this song came out he was known as Iggy Stooge) and Tom Waits have a scene together in Jim Jarmush's new film Coffee and Cigarettes and it's worth the watch.

njoy

1 comment:

Mad'Nis said...

It actually is possible to freeze them off. Well, it might be. I remember reading an account in a novel by Louis DeBerniers, well okay it was fiction but it sounded really real, ugh, well war is miserable. Anyway, one of the Italians waging war in the mountains killed himself after realising he'd lost his penis and testicles to frostbite. Yeah, no kidding.

Anyway, I'm sure everything but your toe... and your knee... was perfectly safe. Really.