Tuesday, February 22, 2005

My Jimmy Hats.

'My jimmy hats.' I love that phrase. When shit is street and I don't get it or kinda get it makes me laugh out of control. Like a your so cool It's killing me sort of laugh. This is one of the many reason to listen to Hip Hop.

Anyway I was in New Hampshire in September with Caleb and Mike and Wren and Robin and C, M and I went for a Booze run to 'Tax-Free Booze Heaven' (no Tax in NH) We are looking around shopping for booze and I forgot my wallet and looking as young as I do I wasn't going to risk buying anything. So we select our boozey cheapnesses and walk up the counter and the american lady says "can I see you id's"


Caleb: yep

Mike: sure

American Lady: What about you?

ME: ME!?

American Lady: Yes, you.

ME: I'm not buying anything.

American Lady: You touched it?

Me: What?

American Lady: I saw you touch it.

Me: I- I- I

American Lady: I was watching.

Me, Caleb and Mike in unison: ...!

Me: ...well ...I forgot my wallet.

American Lady: I'm sorry. I can't sell to you.

Me, Caleb and Mike in unison: ...!

American Lady: You'll have to leave.

Me and Caleb in unison: ...!

Mike: He's 31! Are you telling me you don't think he's 19?

American Lady: He maybe 19, but the legal age is 21.

Mike: ...f u c k...


We leave. We go next door. We buy booze.

Americans, free and easy with guns and hard as nails with their booze. The worst thing was I didn't leave my wallet at the cabin, I left it in the car. double doe!


Today's Song of the Day is "I Left My Wallet In El Segundo" by A Tribe Called Quest off "People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm" released in 1990.

Crazy Fact: Q-Tip had previously guested on several tracks from De La Soul's 3 Feet High and Rising and later appeared on Deee-Lite's "Groove Is in the Heart"

njoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

uncle pif,

you be careful this week in the U.S. of Lame.

when you come back we are going to have some HUGE walkies.

love,

sir-snouts-a-lot