Saturday, February 12, 2005

Just Do It Solo.

I don't like Bob Dylan with a band as much as Bobby D solo. The band clutters it all up. Anyway here, listen to this to illustrate my point. There's usually all these asshole musicians playing along, i'm sure there are very good at plaing their instruments, but it's not a band. Lets get real. That Rob Zimmerman is a one man show, whoever goes gets on stage with him, that's cool but I could take or leave them. I'm not here to see them. Actually if I had my druthers I'd boot them. How could they be a band, there a bunch of hired guns, who doubtless idealize him, as well the should. but come on,

"Hey Bob, how about it we do one of mine for a change."
"Your fired."


Today's Song of the Day is "Just Like A Woman" by Bob Dylan off his 1998 album "Bob Dylan Live, 1966: The Royal Albert Hall Concert."

Crazy Fact: Bob Dylan just released an Autobiography and did his first interview in decades on 60 minutes in January of this year to support it. I saw it a very cool interview.

njoy

3 comments:

ces said...

Oh child, you should know better than to make this statement with me reading your blog...

Bob rocks solo, but Bob is hot with a band. You should know better, you were there with us in Row L...

They aren't in the band to do their own songs, they're there to bring Bob's songs new life, they are not disposable, or nobodys...his roster of musicians is quite impressive. Even if they were nobodys, they're somebodys now because they played with Bob.

The other half of the Live 66 album is Bob with The Band. Don't tell me it's not as good as the solo stuff.

Oh Pif.

Mad'Nis said...

I'm impressed by how sensitive people seem to be this week.

Mad'Nis said...

Wow, I just noticed that Google is reading your blog to supply the appropriate ads to go with. Man, that's somehow creepy.