Monday, February 21, 2005

People are Tricky.

People react to things in unexpected ways. They think they can cover up their emotions. Well they can, mostly because people let them operate under that guise. The fact that people let them gives many of us the false feeling that we are capable of hiding our emotional reactions, like we are smarter than the rest. What's really strange is when you call someone's bluff, When you say, I saw that. If you can pin them down and talk about it you can get an insight into that person and that moment. Then the present can be much more present, more valuable. It's exploration can be richly engauging, much more interesting than what I'm used to. I'm used to thinking mostly in hindsight, safe ol' hindsight, 'Yup, that's what I shoulda done, I guess it's too late now, better luck next time.'

Interesting. I think times they are a-changin.' We will see. I'll let you know how it turns out.


Today's Song of the Day is "The Saturday Boy" by Billy Bragg off his 1987 album "Back To Basics."

Crazy Fact: After leaving the Army, he began working at a record store; while he was working, he was writing songs.

njoy

No comments: