Monday, February 14, 2005

Hallmark Sux Dix

Ok as we know this 'celebration' known as Valentine's Day is all about Guilt and fear for those of you with Significant others. To those of us with insignificant others it's about shame and self-loathing, a painful reminder of our lonesome and socially deficient status. yum. two scoops for me.

So I've decided to embrace it and break my own heart. If I don't cry by the end of the night i'm a total failure. I'm going to listen to every cheesey 'just gets to me' love song I can find and I got a heartbreaker of a film or so Cel tells me (Before Sunset.) I think that should do the trick. If that doesn't work I go through old photos and put on the break up music. wow that one should really do the trick. ok ok but if that doesn't work I'll have to put on Lord of the Rings, that works everytime. I don't know why but it does. If some could tell me why you'll save me a tonne of money in Psychotherapy. We at the pif institute of navel gazing would really appreciate any tips.

Fortunately, I have a cute Brown furry Four legged Valentine. DAMN he's cute!

Ok time to get to the cryin'!


Today's Song of the Day is "Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love)" performed by Ella Fitzgerald off her 1956 album "The Cole Porter Songbook" composed by Cole Porter in 1928.

Crazy Fact: Cole Porter studied law and music at Harvard, all courtesy of a rich grandfather. His grandfather was appalled Porter would consider music as a career and never forgave him.

njoy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi uncle pif,
you were a great valentine.
were you crying at before sunset? my mumma sure did!
you guys are so jaded...i don't get it...my life is a love-fest.
5r

Mad'Nis said...

I like to brighten a random girl's day on Valentine's, with some flowers or what you like. This Valentine's, I surprised an old GF in Halifax with a hello from Berlin, which was so thrilling for her, yay yay. However, to my amusement and horror, she also is totally pregnant and expecting a house.

Bachelors, run for your lives away from Halifax.

(no, the kid isn't mine of course, but that makes 4 of my exes in Haligonadia with larvae, hahaha! RUN!)

Anonymous said...

i loved before sunset. did you know there's a sequel to it that's supposed to be really good too (i think it's called after sunset or before sunrise - (i always get it screwed up - it's NOT the cheeseball story with selma hayeck and pierce brosnan)...i've been meaning to get that...anyway - if you didn't know this, it's too bad, 'cause you could have done a double-wallowing-feature evening - ahhh..there's always next valentine's day! :>