Friday, September 08, 2006

Strange Places at Home.

I went to Cape Sable Island over the Labour Day weekend. It's the southernest part of Nova Scotia. It was so populated. I had no idea so many people lived there, but everybody had expertly painted signs with the names on them "Patty and Buzzy Smith" and "Joanne and George McNab". I just thought what if I put a sign in front of my apartment "Pif and Sarah" here in the scarey ol' north end... a little out of place. I'd say over 50% of the homes had signs like this.

But the coolest thing was they had a beach called "The Hawk" not a super-hero a beach. fucking cool. And on this beach, only visible at low tide was "The Drowned Forest" I have expected to see Frodo and Sam creeping around the seaweed with gollum in tow. No hobbits to be seen however.


Today's Song of the Day is "In A Big Country" by Big Country off their 1983 album "The Crossing."

Crazy Fact: On December 16, 2001 Stuart Adamson was found dead in a hotel room in Hawaii. He had been missing for several weeks from his Nashville, Tennessee home.

njoy

No comments: