Monday, September 11, 2006

Oh yeah 9/11...

five year anniversary... interesting... Anyway back to things that happened in THIS country. I was at the grocery store buying milk and the guy at the checkout was pretty old and yet still a spry lookin' guy. I looked at his tag "John: a valued employee since 1956."
I counting on my fingers and then thought "HOLY SHIT! That's fifty years." That mean's he has got to be at least 65 unless that was back in day before child labour laws. So he must be retiring, like, now. A Whole 50 years at one job. fuck man, that's serious. what a narrow view of the world, but what a unique detailed slice of the universe he must have in his head.

Crazy. Almost as crazy as this super-fucking-freakey picture.


Today's Song of the Day is "I Walk The Line" by Johnny Cash off his 1956 album "Johnny Cash With His Hot and Blue Guitar."

Crazy Fact: Hey watch the movie.

njoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea the earth was that close to the sun. crazy.

Oh ya, I revisited "The Steak and Stein" a few months back and there was a waitress there who was my age when I worked there as a lowly busboy. She was still selling steak & fries for $3.99 (It was a $1.99 back in the day). My feeling of superiority quickly diminished when I realized that The Steak and Stein was the only place where I could afford eat and a disgruntled chef had probably just masturbated into the caesar salad I was eating.