Saturday, September 23, 2006

My Girlfriend is Cooler than Me.

Some people buy tickets to see the rolling stones, cool people get well paid to see the rolling stones and work the VIP lounge, other people stay home and break open Vitamin B capsules to see what's inside and clean the drain of their very cool girlfriends hair...sigh...

I suppose I'm just distracting myself from my own uncool-ness while my very cool girlfriend excitedly puts on make up and pumps 'stones on the stereo, dancing, happy, cool.

Life ain't fair.

At first I talked all this shit like who fucking cares... it's just the a bunch of old fuckers... That's all bull. Crank any of their many classic tunes and you'll feel the pull. it will be a great show.

I hope it rains... No I don't. Gawd... I wish I hoped that it rained.

Sigh, goes the loser...


Today's Song of the Day is "Dead flowers" by The Rolling Stones off their 1971 album "Sticky fingers."

Crazy Fact: ...sigh...

njoy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation pifilicious...Mick's dancing reminded me of you! Kinda funked the night even more

Anonymous said...

Hey College-boy,

When Dead Flowers was covered by Townes Van Zandt and Steve Earle, Van Zant sang it like a a mournful 'ol hound dawg.

And if I was still living in Halifax, I'd put it on every day at the Shoe and wait for it to come on like we used to do.

Crazy fact: I have 6 different versions of this song on my ipod. And funnily (and surprisingly), the worst version is by Willie Nelson, Ryan Adams and Hank Williams III all singing together at the same time.

So stop dragging yer heels. Go down to The Diamond, throw a couple of coins in the jukebox and have one for me, kiddo.

Mike W

Anonymous said...

I'm not renewing my subscription to the so called "Song Of The Day".