Monday, June 05, 2006

The Dead Tell No Tales.

I don't know shit. You can concider that a critisism of the media or of myself which ever you perfer. When reading any article or taking in any "facts" from any source I try to make sure my critical thinking engine is running.

Let's see a bush-wanna-be-reform-party-nut gets in control of our country and next thing I know we have 2,300 troops in Afganistan. A few of which are starting to come back in boxes. Then suddenly there is a foiled terrorist plot against the peace tower. Is this Reform Party dink really pulling American-style fear mongering bullshit? Here! In peace-lovin' Cananda? maybe not I read this from associated press:

"Officials announced Saturday that the suspects were arrested after the group acquired three tons of ammonium nitrate, which can be mixed with fuel oil to make a powerful explosive. One-third that amount was used in the deadly bombing of the Oklahoma City federal building in 1995."

wow.

I can't help it. I just don't think they are lying about three tons of ammonium nitrate. It's hard to 'plant' three tons of Anything and anyone.

Maybe people really do hate Canada. Prime Minister "I wanna play in the American sandbox" is kinda invading their country. I can't say I blame them. I wouldn't like anyone invading me. I can't say I like their methods. But, to me, there isn't any obvious legitimate reason for us to be in Afganistan. He seems to be invading another country as a favour to Bush. Which is pretty awful. Our people are dying over there and our people are put in danger over here as a favour to the worst American president in the history of the United States has ever seen.

Why do the PCs always have to put the Americans ahead of Canadians. It's like he was picked last to play street hockey a few too many times and now is his chance to shine. What he doesn't know is all those kids were doing him a favour. He sucks and he is just going to embarrass himself. Now he is going to embarrass himself on the world stage, with canadian lives to pay the bill. lame.

Bob Dylan's Masters of War is just perfect (and oddly just came on) but I already sent it. crap.

I'm sure there's some brillant rhetoric why this is all for the best. I wonder if that rhetoric comforts the families of the dead.


Today's Song of the Day is "You Always Hurt the One You Love" by Brenda Lee off her 1962 album "Sincerely, Brenda Lee"

Crazy Fact: Brenda Lee and and Patsy Cline had the same producer, Owen Bradley in the early '60s.

njoy

No comments: