Friday, June 09, 2006

Defending Rights

I like most of us Canadians are pretty damn interested in this "Foiled terrorist Plot" against the Canadian Government.

In my search I decided to Google "Rocco Galati" he is the Lawyer defending the suspected terrorists. I figure he's got to be a fool or a very interesting guy.

I found some bizarre things in my search.

This from the Toronto Star in 2003: On the face of it, Rocco Galati's claim that U.S. and Canadian intelligence agencies want to kill him sounds too weird for words...

This from a talk he gave in 2001 about Canadian bill C36: The other thing the Bill does is that it can convict you of facilitating
terrorism without any knowledge or intent.
This is a very very scarey one.

This about American involvement of 9-11: "let one happen. Stop the rest."

ok well that about ruined my day. So much for truth and democracy. jeezus. I need a drink.


Today's Song of the Day is "Nocturne in E Minor, Op. 72, No. 1" performed by Ivan Moravec off his 1991 CD "Chopin: Nocturnes" Composed by Frédéric Chopin, published in 1855 (post-humaneously.)

Crazy Fact: His singular touch, he has stated on several occasions, was a matter of necessity after an ice-skating fall at age ten that left him with a neck and spine injury.

njoy

1 comment:

Mad'Nis said...

I don't know why a guy defending terrorists in court has to be a fool or interesting. The guy is interesting, I'll give you that, but in a country where you're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty... actually... I'm not sure that's the case in Canada... I know we don't have the "right to remain silent"...

Anyway, if the guy who was disappeared really did work for the American Naval Secret Service, and then he's blabbing all kinds of stuff about it and gets disappeared, well that's not weird at all. And if he's just a lucky criminal crackpot and disappears, that's not weird either.

If he walked out of the woods, and was elected prime Minister at the head of a majority of the Green Party, THAT would be weird.