Thursday, June 15, 2006

She's Gots the Sports Smarts.

It's not my nature to Say anything Like "Go Oilers!" but the play-offs are a strange times for a Toronto fan. We have to blow with the wind, because the our team usually BLOWS! Someday in my life-time they will make it to the final, in this I place my faith. A victory in the Final is a the promised land, I'll not even speak it.

Anyway, I'm watching the game in my skinny armchair hockey player kind of way. Talking about the game with my baby. Who isn't completely unimpressed about watching the hockey game. She's good to me. I rant predictions for 2 and a half periods and Sarah lesiurely looks at me listening, periodically with that sassy "you have no Idea what your talking about" look she's so good at. Finally middle of the third period with total confidence she says, "No your wrong the Oilers are going to win, fool."

We bet a quarter on it. It goes to OT. Penality against Oilers.

"Uh-oh baby, it's over for you, they've been sucking ass on power plays."

"Have you even been WATCHING the game? They're last goal was scored shorthanded!" No sooner had the she said it and it was over. Oilers scored short-handed.

I must say her accuracy was very, very sexy. She's knows the sportes cuz she did 'em. I'm such a tourist.


Today's Song of the Day is "Wang Dang Doodle" by Koko Taylor off here 1969 album "Koko Taylor."

Crazy Fact: She has won more W.C. Handy Awards than any other female performer in history.

1 comment:

rootwood said...

Senators Rule. Leafs drool.

Vote for me in Small Press Idol. I was gonna be your best man, and I had a speech ready and everything. AT least do this, and get other people to do it too.

Go Here:

http://www.dimestoreproductions.com/Community/index.php?board=66.0

Find the Skitter Round 3 thread and post a YES.

We are neck in neck with a comic that SUCKS called Warbreed, and we need to beat them for the good of humanity. They are evil and ugly and misogynistic. They are braggy assholes and they make babies cry. Help us beat the bad people. It's almost like being good.