Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Just the facts man

I've been watching a documentary by Ken Burns called "Jazz" and it's shockingly good.

I don't know if y'all'r big documentary fans, but to me, when they are good, there is nothing I'd rather watch. When they are bad I feel like somebody just took a shit in my brain, like I just watched "full house."

Having seen but 3 of 19 hours Ken Burns is the guy, he is the number one super-cool. My hero of the documentary. So I researched a little bit. Supposedly his documentary "The Civil War" is so good George Will of the Washington Post said, “If better use has ever been made of television, I have not seen it and do not expect to see better until Ken Burns turns his prodigious talents to his next project.”

These critics are drooling for everything this guy touches it's crazy. like this drooler Jack Newfield of the New York Post, “Jazz is the best American documentary film I have ever seen. Period.”

Anyway I'm on it.

I did the math though, 19 hours and we've rented it four 14 days that means I gotta do over an hour a day to get through it. That's a little intense.

Ready yourselves to hear some jazz you cowards! But First I'll send some ska 'cause it's so damn hot 'n' summer-like.


Today's Song of the Day is "Tighten Up" by Lee Perry off his 1968 album "Blackboard Jungle Dub."

Crazy Fact: His studio Black Ark, and everything in it, burned to the ground. Perry claims bad wiring as the culprit, but the more familiar and commonly accepted story is that Perry burned the studio down in a fit of acid-inspired madness, convinced that Satan had made Black Ark his home.

njoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I own that dvd box set if you don't finish. I'm all cultured and shit.