Saturday, January 21, 2006

Take 5

With this song I finish Volume 5. It was hard as hell to find songs I gave a damn about for 1957 and for 1962. Jesus. Tough years. I couldn't find my Patsy Cline so that made 1957 even harder. ...um, For those of you who don't know what the hell I'm talking about (and actually care) I'll review the Song of the Day mandate which is basically just Fair represenation.

In every Volume (an MP3CD which holds approximately 150-170 songs) I hit every...

...year in the last fifty,

...decade in the last 100 years,

...musical genre (I aim for at least five times each.)

As a whole I'm trying to get at least one song from every year back to 1700. This ain't easy.

If you want one of these MP3CDs, let me know and I'll put you on the list. By the way, I lost the old list. I'm making a new list. If you want on it. Let me know. (add comment to this post.)


Today's Song of the Day is "Desafinado" by Stan Getz & Charlie Byrd off their 1962 album "Jazz Samba."

Crazy Fact: “Desafinado” -- which roughly translates as ‘off key’ or ‘slightly out of tune’ -- won these fellas a Grammy in 1963.

njoy

No comments: