Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I'm Old and I Live in a Bizarro Universe.

I went to the New York Times to see this headline,

"Mötley Crüe Files Suit Against NBC for Banning It Because of an Expletive."

What the *Hell* has happened? Whatever it is, I'm ready to blame George Bush Jr. How did the soccer mom's win? How did they get Mötley Crüe banned from the air waves 20 years too late. What happened last I heard Mötley Crüe did didn't matter anymore... didn't show up on ANYONES radar. I guess the soccer mom's just don't quit. jeesus.

This sacred fear of dirty words on the airwaves, lest it pervert the children's minds, is as foolish as the believing in the boogie man. And to a kid the boogey man is a much bigger concern, I saw that fucker, I swear. I knew every dirty word I know now by the time I was 6 (actually I think I might know less now, it was waaay more interesting back then.) and they didn't work on the boogie man, nothing did. Only light and/or parental presence. the fucker.

I think if you play The Tonight Show theme backwards, it tells you to kill your freedom of expression. And if you watch NBC you have a powerful compulsion to buy shit you don't need and be bored shitless by G rated pap. And they wonder why viewership is dropping. Thank god for the fucking internet.


Today's Song of the Day is "White America" by Eminem off his 2002 album "The Eminem Show."

Crazy Fact: In 1996, his mother was accused of mentally and physically abusing his younger brother.

(I'd send some Mötley Crüe but it's almost unlistenabley bad. At least the stuff I have. Too bad you can ban them for sucking so much ASS or being too old to play rock and/or roll OR just NOT mattering, I guess that would kill of radio completely.)

njoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kickstart my heart is an awesome song.
and i have a huge dick and wrote a book about it.