Saturday, June 18, 2005

When The Will Fails You Reap What You Sow.

My grandfather doesn't have long to live.

I think you have to be careful how you live your life. Some people hold their lives together out of pure will. Enviably, you won't have the energy to keep it up, and it will fly apart. I don't want to be at the end of my life with everything of any real value, pulling away from me, slipping out of my weakening grip.

You can't control people. You have to give them a reason to stay. More than money or gifts or material security, if that's so then that's all your worth, but an intrinsic reason. It would be a terrible thing to be at the end of your life and know what you are worth to people by looking at your bank book. Then to look up to see a family turn to vultures before your eyes. At the end of it all, to see your worth to them in their eyes, not as love, but as greed. To lose awareness of your self, and of this life, watching them circle, and wait in the Dusk.


I guess sad song week is held over for a while.

Today's Song of the Day is "Adagio in G minor" by Tomaso Albinoni, Arranged by Remo Giazotto in 1945, performed by Herbert Von Karajan & The Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra, Recorded in 1972.

Crazy Fact: Remo Giazotto, a music historian, discovered a few notes of this work by Tomaso Albinoni and constructed the rest himself.

njoy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy how when a life´s credits are rolling you can really take a moment to look back and reflect on what you would have done in his stead.

I get the impression you aren´t too happy with all your granpa´s choices. Well, for a flip of perspective, everybody´s grandpa here was a Nazi, so how bad was yours really?

Too bad you can focus right now. Find the good, learn from the bad, and move on, man.

Keep it together dude!

Anonymous said...

I feel so sorry for that great man that we will miss so much.
There are those of us who are true and have compassion in our hearts. There are those of us who love unconditionally.
There are those of us who will really morn for a great loss that hurts so deep inside.
And...there are those who dont feel like that at all.
One day those kind of people will be alone.
And they will reap what they have sowed!
Anyway, the truth always comes out in the end.
I respect your courage to speak out.
Your memmories give me comfort and make me smile as I am finding this really hard to deal with now that it is setting in.
I look forward to seeing any other thoughts or memmories you have to share.

My thoughts are with you xoxo
Always, Amy
...if you can, email me...i would like that...xoxo