Sunday, June 12, 2005

I Can Time Travel for Dennis.

Dennis, my will to wish you a happy birthday ON your birthday has given me the supernatural-power to travel through time. That's how much it means to me. It was the Ogre of Guilt pounding at the Door in my mind that gave me this will. My self-image as a 'good friend' was in the deepest peril as that fucker pounded and beat at my gates like a Tolkian Cave Troll. It was in a state of blind fear that I transported myself back in time and sent this message, er, IS in blind fear and under threat of a tremendous heart-stopping shame that I sent you this message.

"Jesus Murphy on the day of your thirty-third birthday, I'd like to wish you a happy birthday. Your the only other man I've ever shared a room with, aside from my brother so in that way, (and many others too numerous to name because of the brief window which I have to bend the rules of time), you too are my Brother."

As my brother you should expect presents late, just ask Jason. I suck.

Though I should send an ENYA song...


Today's Song of the Day is "Born Slippy [NUXX]" by Underworld from their 1995 EP "Born Slippy." (most memorable from the Trainspotting Soundtrack)

Crazy Fact: Underworld also owned and operated a graphic design company called Tomato responsible for commercials from such high-profile clients as Nike, Sony, Adidas, and Pepsi.

njoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude! What lengths you have taken for your much appreciated greetings. I must say I wasn´t in my usual shameless self-promoting form this year, so have no fear!

Aye, it´s been around 14 years since we started taking note of the birthdays, crazy huh? But birthdays are all bout time travel (Milestones eh?) so your greets are perfect...

Your brotherly love is shared and returned, right now from a seriously disgusting Cafe where some young homosexuals are looking desperately for love. (Guys, it´s Berlin, just go dancing, sheesh!)

Cheerz!