Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Lucky to be in Nova Scotia

Went to Duncan's Cove today in the beautiful sunshine. Amazing. Made me happy to be here. There haven't been a lot of things to make me happy to be here recently. I've been having too much life-threatening amazement 'abroad.' Nonetheless, today I felt very lucky to be hiking up and down huge grantic baoliths (sp? ROCKS) next to the ocean for 3 hours. Only ever seeing 1 other couple the whole time, no houses, no people, no cars, no unnatural sounds, just a sunny cloudless sky, miles of ocean, rocks, moss and Fiver. Fucking super fucking sweet. Colour, light and air forever it was a primal sort of beauty, undisturbed natural majesty.

Canada's OK after all.


Today's Song of the Day is "Piano Concerto No. 21 in C, K.467: ii. Andante" composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in 1785.

Crazy Fact: Before age of 20 W.A. Mozart had written nine operas, five violin concertos, at least 30 symphonies, a sheaf of divertimentos and serenades, a ream of liturgical pieces, six sonatas, and six concertos for Piano. CRazY!

njoy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nova Scotia IS one of the most beautiful places I've been. It's been a privilage to be born and raised here. I can remember appreciating it as a kid but the more I explore it's nooks and crannies, the more I appreciate it.

Mad'Nis said...

Nova Scotia is like heaven.

But... heaven is that place you go to when you die.

I'd love to visit it again, it was a great place to grow up, I carry the beauty with me in my soul, but as a place to live it can suck my balls. (for now) It's a place for very young people, very old people, and the people in between who are running away from something, or maybe refusing to chase something...

I do miss the rocks by the ocean, ah good memory. A kayak between the islands on the south shore, yeah baby, that's my speed. A bottle of red wine and some smoked salmon on some nameless rock with the seals barking nearby, hahaha, great!

Anonymous said...

i was there too! i guess it's assumed that if 5 is in the picture and i'm not out of town, then i'm around. yes, it was awesome and exactly what i needed too. also the perfect way to shed those last few pounds of french chocolate.

Pif said...

who are u?