Friday, March 04, 2005

What a View! (Don't Look Down.)

Life is peaking. This peak is so high I'm a little afraid of the enevitable drop. Or maybe life's been in the crapper for a really fucking long time and it's going to stay at this level. hmmm. Proabably, a little of A, a little of B.

I am going to paris.
I have a girlfriend.

These two things are amazing and unrelated. I'm going to try to to think about either too much or my head might pop off. If I think about both at the same time my limbs detach and dance around the room intermittenly playing keep away with my head. It's extremely painful, so I'm doing that as little as possible.

I think I'm going to die on the steps of the Musée du Louvre, if not, then I will in front of Leonardo. Promise.
So bury me beside Jim Morrison.

It's Parisian week here on Song of the Day. Our team is tirelessly collecting and carefully selecting the best of the best (actually of whatever the hell I've got.)

(Here's Yesterday's Crazy Fact: In 1927, Count Basie played piano at a silent movie house to make ends meet.)


Today's Song of the Day is "Love Me Two Times" by The Doors off there 1967 Album "Strange Days" (I think.)

Crazy Fact: Jim Morrison (who OD'd in Paris and is buried there) is the 4th most visited monuement in the whole city.

njoy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

for the record, it's not clear what caused morrison's death. certainly it was related to his abuse of alcohol, but whether drugs were invovled is controversial. furthermore, the relation to alcohol might have been indirect - he had asthma and it might have been a combination of asthma medication and alcohol (and years of degenerative abuse).

ces said...

DUDE. i was in such a great mood, and then i read your blog.
I wanna go to Paris!!!!!
Oh riiiiiiight, I've been there.
But i wanna go again!!!

Comment-allez-vous-ce-soir? je-suis-comme-ci-comme-ca...

PIF!!! What's up!?!?

Mad'Nis said...

Pif! Wir sehen uns am Freitag!!! Upps, du sprichts kein deutsch. Kein Probleme, ich auch nicht.

Pif! Nous ...Paris... Regardon... Vendredi? Mairde,mon Français est aussi terrible. Nous sommes desole.

Really desolated. We're screwed. I'm ashamed, as a Canadian, that my French is such a disaster. See you next Friday, my cell will work although it'll be madly expensive. Antje says there's a nicer gallery than the Louvre...

'til then!

Excited'nis can't wait to mix it up!

Anonymous said...

i wanna play too! can't wait to see you both....bis gleich...vorsicht!

anonymous strikes again!

Mad'Nis said...

verdammter ungenannt! Wir mussen Biere in Frankreich finden... und du musst es kaufen, nya nya!

Anonymous said...

hi dennis

can't wait to meet you!
my french is better than pifs. not great, but we won't end up trapped in the catacombes (i hope).

for some reason (ww2 docs in school?) even the sound of german makes me nervous.

i can't believe we're going to be seeing you guys in paris next week. fucking fucking crazy!

by the way, which days (aside from friday) do you plan to be there? i don't know if pif told you, but we are actually there TO WORK and we aren't totally sure of our schedule yet. it should be pretty open, but a few interviews might not be flexible.

c to the k

Anonymous said...

by the way, the emphasis on TO WORK was for pif, not you.
we'll have lots of play time, but our trip is being funded by film development money.

Anonymous said...

oh, and no offense meant to your german girlfriend.
i'm sure she's lovely. and i won't mention the war unless i get pulled into some crazy european game show and a big money question is in 20th century european history. then i'll have to go for it, sorry.

cel

Mad'Nis said...

Haha Celery, no worries. First, we´ve already met, though it was 10 years ago (ack!), second, I seem to be more aware that you´re there to work than pif is, hahaha! I´m in "the biz" too eh? We´ll be there from Friday morning to Sunday night. (18-20). As for Germany and War, there´s no need to be nervous. Germans know more than anyone that nightmares don´t go away when you close your eyes. East Germans especially,haha, and Antje is from the old east. Right next to the old iron curtain, wawau. And, if I may end on a controversial note, France and Germany were even closer in 1939 than the good friends they are today. ;-) Ah, today. Peace, Unity, and prosperity for all!!! Yeah, the only danger in such topics is that we´ll never stop talking and we want to see PARIS GODDAMMIT!!! BTW, I´ll bring my camera if you need any shots, we can maybe mix work with pleasure, go team!