Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Healing the Routine Canal.

Wow. Routine is a hard thing to maintain. Well kind of. It's like this. There comes a point in your life when things settle into a pattern, a comfortable pattern, an important and productive pattern, then you get a new job or new house or new friend and everything has to shift. Like an ice-flow. Some things are squeezed out and submerged to make room. That's just the way of things.

It's odd to see what drops out. It's at moments you are forced to re-evaluate the importance of certain behaviors. And the routine doesn't lie, certain things just drop out and you don't really think about it anymore. It's a crucial moment, because it's easy to make the wrong decisions at this point. Then months later you realized there is someone you really miss, or it been 6 months since you've read a book or you haven't hiked or biked or been to the gym or played hockey or took some time to yourself in 3 weeks.

Must remember solitude. If you don't these bad choices can go unchecked (at the very minimum.)

Must remember solitude.


Today's Song of the Day is "Standing In The Shower... Thinking" by Jane's Addiction off their 1988 album "Nothing's Shocking."

Crazy Fact: bassist Eric Avery would not participate in any of the Jane's Addiction re-unions (there's been 3 of them)

njoy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If you can't stand solitude, then perhaps you bore others too."
-anonymous

Mad'Nis said...

Ah, blogs. My sister asked, do you read a lot of blogs, or just your friends' blogs. Guilty of the latter. Still, the whole attraction to me is that it's optional, as opposed to the old junk-mail system. Fuck, I'm posting on Pif's blog. That's ridiculous.

COMMENT! Pif! I totally relate to this post! Just recovered from my roommate moving out, pushing my concousness out of the bedroom, into the kitchen and livingroom, recovering from working 14 hours a day and being sick the rest of the time... I called everyone! "Hi, no ideas,just had to call, let you know I haven't forgotten that you exist, let's mix it up sometime soon, oh, not today, too busy, okay maybe tonight, call me."

5r: That quote makes no sense to me. OOHHH, I get it now, one can't stand solitude because one is bored of oneself. Slow some days, sheesh. I thought one would seek solitude because they found others boring, and that the aim of the saying was to suggest that that was vain. I guess I'm vain. Amazing how one can project sometimes. Anyway, those of us who have too much fun in solitude owe it to ourselves to seek inspiration in others, hehehe.

- Longwinded'nis is excited, and that other cool gallery is on the same street as Your Apartment...I think.

Anonymous said...

dennis,

sorry for the confusion with the quote.
5r (my dog) will try to keep it simpler for you next time. as we say in academia, he'll dumb it down.

see you in paris (OH MY DOG!)

c (p.s. i am only using all caps for my name because this fascist dictator of a blog program keeps changing my name to all caps)

Anonymous said...

and then it didn't.
so it's not just tsarist, it's deceptive. hmmmm.