Thursday, March 31, 2005

marche et mange

We must've got lost EVERYTIME we left the house. But what a place to get lost. jeesus. If I have to get lost, I will gladly get lost in paris. For all the day, everyday, all we did is walk and eat. 23 Degrees and Sunny everyday.Total bliss. The metro is for suckers. cars are for fools. We could stop at anytime and stare at a plaque on the wall that was there since before Halifax was founded or take pictures of Dogs, find a statue or garden off the beaten path, catch a wiff of a crepery and get one for the walk. or Fromage or best yet Chocolate. wowwy wowwy wow wow. the chocolate, if for know other reason is a reason to go. Jeesus the chocolate, if I didn't walk 40 Km/ day I would have brought back a more than just memories with me. yum.


Today's Song of the Day is "Piggies" by The Beatles off their 1968 album "The Beatles"

Crazy Fact: Paul McCartney sucks my bag every single day.

njoy

4 comments:

Mad'Nis said...

"We" only got lost when we followed you. When I took the map and kept calling you back on track, mr run-blindly-ahead, everything was fine. We even managed to flag down a taxi once. Murphy's law working against us. That didn't make it into the play-by-play either, I must've got lazy at the end...

I'll still never forget being on the edge of starving, following you around for hours (only because of your habit of running away) looking for both a restaurant and a bank machine, and finding only cigars. Then, when we sit down with some wine at a nice jazz bar, and you have to run out to find this impossible-to-find bank machine... you come back in TEN MINUTES! What the hell did you do, mug somebody? I was too intoxicated at the time to care.

annabanana said...

i can't believe you let paul mccartney anywhere near your bag.

and where's this play-by-play dennis wrote that i keep hearing about?

on an unrelated note, i totally got fat in france. LLllll... (homer-esque drooling noise) apple tarts.... LLllll.... seriously, i think i weighed 140 when i returned. that's what 200 grams of chocolate a day will do to you. (and dark beer. and good wine. and yoghurt made out of cream instead of milk. and the best unpasturized stinky-foot cheese on the planet. did you have any real french brie? the kind that is so full of amonia that it shoots up your nose and almost makes your eyes water? dude.)

Mad'Nis said...

Hmmm.... I don't know if I've had this crazy french brie... sounds good I guess... I'm more of a goat's cheese guy myself... Still the best was seeing Pif eat this uncooked deli-meat for breakfast, hahaha, with total uncertainty.

Anonymous said...

yes anna, i hear you! i literally gained 10 pounds in 10 days. had i been there for 30 days i probably would have gained 30 pounds. and this happened with a ton of walking. it was the chocolate.
i'm glad to report that my "lose 10 pounds in 10 days" diet is working. i've got to lose about 2 more pounds to get back to my pre-france weight.