Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oh child of the 70s you were a lucky brat...

When I think back fondly back to Seaseme Street I remember Pointer Sisters & Herbie Hancock and a loaf a of bread or and the ladybug's picnic and I think shit, I was a lucky seventies kid. Now I haven't watched SS in like 25 years, but I've heard sad stories about that happy little.

They killed off the cookie monster. 

No lie. ok kind of lie.

The cookie monster doesn't eat cookies anymore cuz they don't want to make kids fat.

Kids have liked cookies for as long as there have been cookies. It's not the fucking puppets fault. They made him that way. Give the poor bastard back his cookies, if not for his sake then for the sake of my childhood, you fuckers!

I DONT EVEN WANT TO KNOW what they've done to Oscar the Grouch, if he doesn't live in a garbage can anymore... I'll... fucking LOSE it.

This bites.

Today's Song of the Day is "Sweet Home Chicago" by Taj Mahal & the Pointer Sisters off the 1972 Album Recycling the Blues & Other Related Stuff.

Crazy Fact: In 2005, "Pinball Number Count" was re-edited for Coldcut's Ninja Tune label and remixed by Venetian Snares of the Planet Mu record label.

 njoy

1 comment:

rootwood said...

Are you sure? I saw Sesame Street the other day and Cookie Monster was still bugging out over a chips ahoy. I think they've mixed in some new segments where he eats other stuff as well, but they haven't stopped with the NOM NOM NOM and the cookies and the crumbs.